Opening hours and access
The Château de Châteaubriant boasts:
- free admission to the gardens,
- a visitor centre, gift shop and an introductory multimedia space in the Duc d'Aumale's house,
- a multimedia space presenting the architectural history of the site in 3D and additional content on the Château in the medieval grand logis,
- a room dedicated to temporary exhibitions in the guard room of the Renaissance logis.
- January to April: Every day from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- May to September: Every day from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- October to December: Every day from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
The hours are subject to change depending on the exhibit program at the château.
Closed: January 1, November 1 and 11, December 24, 25 and 31.
Dogs on leads are allowed in the park. Owners are asked to clean up after their pets.
The park may be closed for safety reasons in the event of extreme weather conditions.
Visitor centre, gift shop and interpretive spaces
The Duc d'Aumale's house, the 3D space and the Golden Chamber are open at the following times:
- February, March: Tuesday to Sunday / 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- From April to September: Tuesday to Sunday / 10:30 am to 13:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- From October to December: Tuesday to Sunday / 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Closed: the entire month of January, November 1 and 11, December 24, 25 and 31.
Open depending on the temporary exhibit program.
Languages spoken at the visitor centre
- French and English
- Individual and group tours are conducted in French : group visits in English are available subject to reservation. Contact us !
Finding your way around the castle
Download the map:
Tour Map (English) PDF - 1,52 Mo
Address and directions
Address : Place du Général de Gaulle 44 110 CHATEAUBRIANT
Free Parking nearby
Tél. : 02 40 28 20 20
GPS : 47.7186173,-1.3724956
1 hour from Nantes, Angers and Rennes
Tram-train: 300m from the castle (stop: Châteaubriant)
Rules and regulations